Would you like to own managing relationships with the Venture Capitalists (VCs), Accelerator and Incubator (A&I) communities and influencing decision making towards utilizing Amazon Web Services as the basis for their portfolio companies’ infrastructure? Do you have the business savvy, the technical insight, and the background necessary to mesh with the startup/VC ecosystem and to help further establish Amazon as the leader in the cloud computing space?
We are looking for an experienced leader to take our Business Development-VC/Startup team to the next level of strategic expansion. Reporting directly into this role will be the team of business development managers currently located in Beijing, Shanghai and Shenzhen in China.
As a leader for VC and Startup business development managers within AWS China, you will have the exciting opportunity to lead the team to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the startup communities. The team will be expected to include identifying appropriate VC’s to target, driving the necessary business, strategic and technical relationships with the VC and their portfolio companies to establish new business in those accounts, and working closely with the AWS sales team to drive the day-to-day interactions with the portfolio companies in order to build long-term business opportunity. You’ll work closely with AWS strategic corporate development, business development, product management and marketing teams on strategic initiatives that tie in to the startup community.
The ideal candidate will posses both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the CxO/VP level, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a leading member of the Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy within startups market
- Identify key VCs / Accelerators and Incubators with portfolio companies that have infrastructure needs, and drive engagement with those VCs and A&Is
- Build and execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, partners, legal, marketing, support, etc.)
- Work closely with the VCs/A&Is and their portfolio companies to ensure they are successful using our web services, making sure they have the technical resources required
- Understand and actively utilize salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems
- Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and roadblocks to establishing new VC engagements
- Serve as the primary eyes and ears to the startup ecosystems in China on behalf of AWS and Amazon
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market