The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Global Systems Integrator and Influencers (GSII) team is looking for an experienced Business Development Manager to join our fast-paced team, and help build GSII and AWS led industry and technology solutions. A GSII solution is a packaged software solution that can be deployed and managed across multiple GSII customers with minimal infrastructure, application, and database configuration changes. Working from the customer backward, the GSIIs have developed massive amounts of software IP. AWS is looking to leverage this software IP to solve customer’s business problems.
As the lead Solutions Business Development Manager, you will have an exciting opportunity to shape and deliver on a global strategy to help GSIIs build new and modernize existing solutions. Your responsibilities will be to develop, implement, and manage one or more solutions-led go-to-market growth programs for the GSIs, work with field teams to drive customer adoption, measure results, and evolve programs to effectively meet AWS’ customer needs. You will work closely with cross functional global teams in within AWS and the partners. Cross-functional collaboration will include services business development teams, partner Solutions Architecture (SAs), marketing, ISV BDMs, professional services, compliance, legal, sales enablement, finance, Marketplace, and sales operations.
The right candidate will have successful industry experience in solutions-oriented roles, demonstrated experience in developing go-to-market programs, a proven track record of leading and driving multiple complex solutions-led programs to meet business objectives, excellent program and project management skills, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, a good understanding of industry ecosystems and a passion for helping these partners transform using cloud technologies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
· Work with GSIIs, business development, Solutions Architecture, and field organizations to define and execute joint go to market programs to help build and identify new solution ideas, modernize and re-platform existing solutions
· Build business cases, including market opportunity and Return on Investment (ROI) for Solutions; working from the customer backward. This will include soliciting data points from AWS and partner customer engagements regarding the customers’ biggest solution needs.
· Kickstart the GSII Business Development practice by helping to define and deliver the strategy for GSII solutions, and build a robust solutions pipeline.
· Engage the GSI partner’s field organization, channels, and end customers to create and drive revenue.
· Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g., service teams, legal, Marketplace).
· Identify specific customer segments and industry verticals to approach with a joint value proposition for using AWS.
· Position AWS GSII joint solutions for internal adoption by the partner organization.
· Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team.
· Manage complex contract negotiations and serve as a partner liaison to the legal group.
· Handle complex business requirements and activities which drive selection.
· This position will be located in Seattle and will involve 50% travel.