At Amazon Web Services, we run one of the largest networks in the world. This position is located in Minneapolis Minnesota and working in the heart of AWS global network. The engineers within our organization are instrumental in allowing us drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale.
Amazon Networking is looking for senior software engineers to build a platform to improve the safety, security and velocity of network changes. Our goal is to eliminate human intervention and errors from network engineering, network build and device management by building tools and systems to successfully manage thousands of heterogeneous devices in dozens of data centers across the world.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers on the planet. You can also further your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
- Be part of the team that shapes the automation future in Network Operations
- Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
- Understand and contribute to software standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
- Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues. Effective escalation to mid- and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
- Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
- Drive designs, taking into account the operational aspect where they will be deployed.
- Design and recommend optimizations of new and existing software architectures
- Mentor junior engineers, including involvement in the formulation of a structured training plan
- Participate in designs as a leader or reviewer
- Participation in interviewing