At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
We are seeking a Category Manager to strategically source products and services for North America Customer Fulfillment Procurement. The person in this role will coordinate with several teams across Amazon and will interact with our most important suppliers to satisfy organizational requirements. The position will support, align, and partner with multiple teams to develop and execute category sourcing strategies, deliver savings and improve productivity across the category. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, and a creative, critical thinker with an intense motivation to learn. You must be an effective communicator and be able to work independently and generate high-quality work product in a collaborative, creative, ever-changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment. You must have a professional demeanor and be able to partner with people at every level.MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Establish category sourcing strategies, lead cross-functional strategic sourcing teams, negotiate with suppliers and execute contracts to optimize Amazon’s competitive position
· Drive appropriate relationships with category suppliers, with a principal objective of achieving the optimal solution and cost of ownership that meets the business’ goals supported by a culture of continuous improvement with performance benchmarks in use
· Manage category suppliers to proactively identify, monitor and optimize opportunities
· Act as a market intelligence provider regarding categories; anticipate strategic opportunities and keep key stakeholders informed
· Drive category suppliers in Supplier Relationship Management activities to mitigate risk, improve performance and add value to Amazon
· Identify, achieve and report on savings and value targets for category sourcing activities
· Align with internal customers and understand the business application of the categoryKEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
· Create a category strategy in conjunction with internal customers to ensure there is a compresensive, unified approach for the category.
-achieve yearly cost saving or value targets appropriate to the category
· Earn the trust of key stakeholders to drive alignment with the business
· Define and report on key metrics that measure effectiveness of supply and cost savings
· Champion standards and process improvements