University hires at Amazon are a critical pipeline for leadership talent at Amazon. As the leader of university recruiting, you will lead the strategy and execution for hiring top university talent for technical and non-technical opportunities in China. You will foster strategic relationships with faculty and career centers, and work to sustain Amazon’s existing position as an employer of choice for MBAs. You and your team will effectively manage hiring across the recruiting lifecycle of demand management, attraction, recruitment, placement and onboarding. As part of the global university team, you and your team will work closely with other regional/country teams, in parallel partnering with the local professional recruiting teams to execute the overall China talent acquisition strategies. To achieve this you will partner with senior Amazon business leaders and HR leaders.
Successful candidates must be able to plan and prioritize against customer targets, and use metrics to show results. You must be able to influence for change, thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, and roll up your sleeves to get the job done. Candidates will draw from their knowledge of Talent Acquisition and functional areas of the business, forging dynamic relationships with business leaders, hiring managers, HR business partners and university leaders. You have a reputation for being exceptional at candidate generation, client/account management, possess strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrate pushback and a sense of urgency and understand the value of providing amazing customer service.Core Responsibilities:
- Builds and executes the university talent acquisition strategy aligned with the business to create a seamless recruitment, hiring and placement process.
- Serves as a strategic business partner to the management organization and HR team, building Talent Acquisition strategies and processes designed to recruit the very best university talent in the world.
- Develops and delivers recruiting goals and is responsible for communicating performance and holding all members of the leadership team accountable for their respective roles in recruiting & selection.
- Defines talent acquisition metrics and develops tracking and reporting methods. Analyzes the data to determine functional effectiveness.
- Leads, manages and develops a team of managers, recruiters, sourcers, program managers and recruiting coordinators.
- Manages executive relationships with Universities, leads and innovates university engagement initiatives and builds a strong employer branding among students and universities.
- Ensures operational excellence of the university recruiting process on campus and off campus.
- Conducts internal and external research on market conditions and best practices.