Amazon has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. One of those products is Amazon Web Services (AWS). Since early 2006, AWS has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud.
On the AWS Finance team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success. To support this quickly growing business, you must be highly analytical and possess a strong passion for analytics and accountability, setting high standards, and razor-sharp accuracy. We take working hard, having fun, and making history seriously – you should too!
AWS needs individuals that bring the Corporate Finance experience AND the entrepreneurial aptitude to accelerate decision making and management of the business. Also needed is the intellectual capacity to produce innovative ideas/analysis and the willingness to do the heavy lifting to implement those decisions.
This role is on the AWS Infrastructure team. We provide end-to-end financial support driving AWS to be the low cost provider in Cloud computing and leader in customer experience. This includes supporting business owners in building, operating and innovating our Cloud datacenters. We support operations, business development, and engineering. You should be passionate about producing financial analysis enabling management to make breakthrough decisions, drive cash flow, and ultimately delight our customers.
The AWS Network Capex team has an opening for a Business Intelligence Engineer to partner to leverage data across many systems earn trust of Network engineers and drive the right decisions to serve customers and improve our network cost structure. The successful candidate must be able to think creatively, translate financial questions into data requirements, perform dive deep analytics, and collaborate effectively with all the stakeholders. In this position, you will:
- Manage and develop scalable financial tools or reports that align, and simplify monthly business reviews, annual planning, and forecasting processes
- Extract and validate data and automate analyses by many methods, including SQL, Python, Tableau, MicroStrategy, and others
- Lead financial controllership aspects of the business, and build scalable financial processes and metrics by working with functional leaders and other finance teams
- Lead data analytic discussions in business review meetings with cross functional business stakeholders, senior management and business managers
- Lead ad hoc financial modelling and analysis
- Provide fact-based insights into variances and trends