Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with the home and is fundamental to enabling the dream of the smart, connected home.
You will be part of a team that is delivering features that are highly anticipated by media and well received by our customers. http://cnet.co/1PLF1cj
We are seeking a Systems Development Manager who is excited about leading a talented team to solve challenging problems and operate a team that helps support all of Smart Home by building the tools and infrastructure necessary to move quickly and a high level of quality and drives Operational Excellence throughout the organization. Our challenges are broad and deep -- we need to build flexible, secure, scalable, high-performance and robust platform.
You will be joining a select group of a people making history producing one of the most highly rated products in Amazon's history.
As a software development leader you will...
▪ Contribute directly to our growth by hiring smart and motivated engineers and managers to establish teams that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver what our customers need.
▪ Be responsible for ensuring sanity of architecture, operational excellence and quality, delivering results on time.
▪ Work closely with other teams across Alexa and AWS to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership.
▪ Obsess over protecting customer information, maintaining single-digit millisecond latencies, and simplifying 'billions of device' IoT complexity.
▪ Regularly dive into architecture, code, project plans, deployments and operations to drive excellence through your organization.
▪ Represent your business and operations to the highest level of leadership within Amazon on a weekly basis.
The ideal candidate will look like this…. Be great fun to work with
. Our company credo is “Work hard. Have fun. Make history”. The right candidate will love what they do and instinctively know how to make work fun. Enjoy being a really great people manager.
Building, motivating and mentoring a world-class systems & software engineering team is the most important part of this role. You should have a proven track record in recruiting and retaining top talent and excel in day-to-day people and performance management tasks. Have a strong understanding of Software Development, Linux & Networking Technologies.
The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a software development engineer. You will also have a strong level of knowledge in Linux. You will enjoy keeping your technical skills reasonably current, to the point that you can still contribute to architecture discussions. You regularly take part in deep-dive troubleshooting exercises and drive technical post-mortem discussions to identify the root cause of complex issues. Have strong project & product management experience.
The successful candidate will create product roadmaps for the team. This will include helping innovate and invent new value-add services layered on top of our existing services. You will need excellent technical project management skills to deliver product roadmap items as well as other cross-team projects. Experience with Agile methodologies is an advantage.