Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com, is seeking a talented, self-directed communications professional with a passion for technology to manage the public speaking engagements for 1-3 AWS business leaders. The Executive Communications Manager will coordinate inbound and proactively placed external public speaking engagements for their business leaders, including developing keynote presentations, demos, talking points, scripts, messaging documents, and ongoing executive speaker coaching. The right candidate has a strong passion for storytelling, experience in communications, and has worked closely with business executives. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role shaping and telling the AWS story on a global stage.
Since 2006, AWS has changed the way that companies acquire and use technology by providing a highly-scalable, cost-effective and flexible technology platform in the cloud. AWS is growing rapidly in the U.S. and around the world with customers ranging from startups to Fortune 500 corporations. Key Responsibilities
- Partner with AWS executives and product marketing to develop keynote presentations for main stage events—from developing themes and story arcs that introduce new services to providing onsite support--with a meticulous attention to detail, a passion for preparation, and the ability to see around corners.
- Work with engineering teams to distill key functionality and benefits of AWS services into compelling main-stage keynote content.
- Provide messaging and presentation support for executive engagements.
- Collaborate with the customer references team to identify and create compelling customer stories for keynote presentations.
- Work with outside agencies to develop compelling, top-notch creative for presentations.
- Partner with technical marketing and AWS service teams to create mainstage demos.
- Work with production teams to ensure successful execution of AWS keynote presentations.
- Travel, in the US and abroad, as necessary to support executive presentations.
- Create messaging and documents addressing key topics for the AWS platform.