Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.We’re looking for entrepreneurs who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
This role will lead the engineering effort of building the next generation of the Alexa mobile app platform. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge mobile product that will be used every day by Alexa customers.
As Sr. Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment cloud-connected mobile apps to a huge user base. A successful candidate will have an established background of building native mobile apps, with extensive technical knowledge of development techniques and latest practices on iOS and Android. You are a leader with progressive technical experience, a demonstrated progression of management scope, and a passion for managing engineering talent in a fast-paced environment. You have kept your coding skills sharp, and possess exceptional project management and communication skills.
- Responsible for the overall software development life cycle.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Contribute substantively to innovation on mobile and overcome technology limitations to deliver on customer experience.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
- Responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of frameworks.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. You will be joining a select group of a people making history producing one of the most highly rated products in Amazon's history.