Want to change the world with Big Data and Analytics? Come join us on the Amazon EMR team in Amazon Web Services!
Amazon EMR is a web service which enables customers to run massive clusters with distributed big data frameworks like Apache Hadoop, Hive, Tez, Flink, Spark, Presto, HBase and more, with the ability to effortlessly scale up and down as needed. We run large number of customer clusters, enabling processing on vast datasets.
We are developing innovative new features including our next-generation cluster management system, improvements for real-time processing of big data, and ways to enable customers to more easily interact with their data. We’re looking for managers who can build and lead teams to deliver such features from the ground up.
Here are sample features that we have recently delivered:
- EMR Instance Fleets: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/aws/new-amazon-emr-instance-fleets/
- Auto Scaling EMR Clusters: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/big-data/dynamically-scale-applications-on-amazon-emr-with-auto-scaling/
- EMR Security Configurations: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/big-data/encrypt-data-at-rest-and-in-flight-on-amazon-emr-with-security-configurations/
- Responding To State Changes with AWS CloudWatch Events: https://aws.amazon.com/blogs/big-data/respond-to-state-changes-on-amazon-emr-clusters-with-amazon-cloudwatch-events/
We have a big opportunity to change the way the industry thinks about Big Data analytics, and we need smart people to help us get there.
The ideal candidate is passionate about cloud computing and about the opportunities surrounding AWS Big Data Services. This person has delivered high-quality technology products and services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast. The leader we are looking for brings proven experience building, managing, focusing, and mentoring engineering teams. Experience building and operating web-based applications and/or web services-based applications, especially at massive scale, is also very valuable.
Ideal Candidates will:
- Actively participate in hiring talented people and assist in the career development of others both on and outside your team, mentoring individuals and helping other managers guide the career growth of their team members.
- Play a critical role in developing the broad plan for the business, working closely with senior executives to develop business targets and resource requirements. Help form long-term technical and business strategy and goals.
- Bring a deep understanding of software development in a team, software development methodologies and scheduling, a track record of shipping software on time and services development to this high-accountability role.
- Have experience operating services to deliver both high quality and high availability.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills and demonstrate proven technical leadership.
- Possess strong analytical skills with excellent problem solving abilities.
- Have experience with distributed systems, experience building data processing solutions is a plus.
- Demonstrate high levels of creativity and right judgments, most of the time.
- Understand business context to decisions made within and across groups.
- Contribute to Amazon's Intellectual Property through patents and/or external publications.