Being a finance business partner at Amazon means having good judgment and possessing strong business acumen coupled with a mastery of each P&L line item. Therefore, it is about knowing your numbers, the drivers of the business, the strategy and tactics, and much more. Finance Leaders at Amazon draw our energy from ideating with our business partners, solving complex problems, and diving deep into the data to find patterns and trends in order to design and deliver solutions for our customers. Our decision making process is fact based, which means that Finance has a seat at the table. How does it sound to you? Are you up for a challenge? Do you have what it takes to be successful in such an exciting and fulfilling environment?
The Canada/Mexico Retail Finance Team is looking for a strong Finance Manager to be a key member of the Canada/Mexico 3rd Party platform businesses. The position has managerial responsibilities across both markets and is located in Seattle. This relatively new functional area was created to partner directly with the 3p business teams in Canada and Mexico and drive key 3P initiatives in both markets. The ideal candidate will have an entrepreneurial spirit and welcome challenges. He/She will have the opportunity to help build something from the ground up. He/She will challenge the status quo, insist on the highest standards, be resourceful and self-motivated with a bias for action, and have a consistent history of delivering results.
Responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Lead monthly and long term financial planning, forecasting and analysis for the category
- Lead strategic projects to create metrics that will drive action and improved performance across GLs
- Identify margin expansion opportunities and partner with marketplace and category teams to execute on opportunities
- Collaborate with transportation and operations teams to identify and drive process improvement opportunities and cost savings initiatives
- Lead monthly and quarterly financial review meetings with stakeholders and develop action plans to exceed targets
- Additional responsibilities include ad hoc analyses that help drive Free Cash Flow.