The Amazon export and expansion Technology team is looking for an experienced Software Development Manager to contribute to the tech vision, strategy, and roadmap of one of the most important initiatives across Amazon. You will build and lead teams to come up with innovative technology solutions that directly improve cross boarder selection around the world and impact a multibillion dollar business.
In this role you will:
- Build platform to process events at the rate of 100K/second.
- Scale system to process million of ASINs in few hours.
- Build solutions that reach millions of new customers all over the world, providing them world class shopping experience in their local language, payments, and currencies
- Have the opportunity to work across all tiers using Service-Oriented Architecture, Machine Learning, and Data Mining
- Work closely with the business to define the expansion strategy and figure out innovative solutions to help this thriving business continue to its exponential growth
We enable cross-border customers to purchase products on Amazon Marketplaces that currently ship to over 105+ countries, biggest cross boarder selection with guaranteed shipping and import duty fees. We seek to provide a customized experience that allows customers anywhere in the world to buy products from all Amazon marketplaces. We are expanding the selection of products eligible to ship internationally, have access to world-wide selection, adding international destinations, introducing cheaper and faster shipping options, and improving the online buying experience for international customers. The technologies that support this program include pre-computation, web services, and machine learning systems that:
- Identify products eligible to ship to international destinations and compute import duties
- Enable the online purchasing and checkout experience
- Enable new local country payment instruments and support local country currency.
As an SDM, you should possess the ability to deliver, think big, make sound decisions, and build highly-scalable and high-performance systems for the long term. You will be a leader that develops technology teams to scale for our customers. In addition, you should be able to lead by example, earn the trust of the team and stakeholders, and balance development prioritization while participating in cross-team efforts including architecture planning.
Individuals interested in this position should have experience in software engineering leadership position, building high-performing, reliable systems in a complex, multi-tiered, and distributed environment (Service Oriented Architecture)