Interested in Machine Learning? Do you want to learn how Speech Recognition and Natural Language processing is powering Amazon Alexa and Echo? We’re building the Alexa Science Modeling Lifecycle Platform. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
As a Manager of Software Development, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment of distributed systems and big data / data mining solutions. You will be working closely with Alexa scientists to accelerate the rate of innovation flow to deployments. A successful candidate will have an established background in developing distributed systems, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be helping to hire and build your team and systems, and will own defining the road map for your group.
· Responsible for the over-all systems development life cycle
· Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment
· Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering organization
· Work closely with your teams to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to leadership and peers
If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, know how to deliver, are deeply technical, highly innovative and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems, we want to talk to you.