Amazon Publishing is the full-service publishing arm of Amazon. Our mission is to invent new and better ways to connect authors and readers.
The Amazon Publishing team is looking for a results-oriented Production Manager to oversee the creation of its physical and e-books in a fast-paced environment. The successful candidate will be well-organized and metrics-driven, with a strong bias for action and ability to independently drive end-to-end book creation processes. This role will have daily contact with content and metadata, and will manage numerous production services that result in a high quality final book. The Production Manager will identify, define, propose and deliver broad process improvements and tools for the production of Amazon Publishing books.
This position is based in Seattle.
This position works closely with editorial, marketing, publicity and operations as well as with external vendors to ensure our books reach market on schedule and at the highest quality levels. Additional responsibilities include:
- Contribute to the team vision for production in the US
- Overseeing and tracking day-to-day production workflows, ensuring processes are documented, efficient, streamlined, and that books are produced at the highest quality
- Establishing priorities, identifying and communicating risks and mitigation plans in collaboration with stakeholders; developing and maintaining production milestones and completion dates
- Managing production schedules and files: supervise production progress and review files for quality issues to ensure deadlines are met throughout all phases of book production
- Maintaining vendor relationships: manage communication, oversee work, and facilitate issue resolution
- Ingesting and archiving files using internal systems
- Driving and championing new technologies, collaborations, and improved processes to define, leverage and implement best content production and delivery practices including leading continuous improvements in cost reduction, production time and pipeline capacity
- Experience using operational metrics to drive process improvement and efficiencies with a focus on creating scalable systems
The successful candidate must have the ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment while maintaining high standards of quality and a strong author and customer focus.