As a Sr. Manager in the Powered Industrial Trucks (PIT) and Automated Guided Vehicles (AGV) team, the individual will be responsible to lead program managers who owns the development and roll-out of new technologies and/or additional features and capabilities in existing PITs and AGVs. The individual will also be responsible for coming up with creative strategies to track and identify cost savings and impact analysis while optimizing Amazon's PIT (Powered Industrial Trucks) and AGV fleet to achieve the best experience for our customers at the lowest cost. This is a high visibility role that requires partnering with Vendors, Finance, Procurement, Facilities and Operations teams to impact our bottom-line.
Successful candidates will be strong leaders with management experience who can prioritize well, communicate clearly verbally and in writing to executive audiences, and have a consistent track record of delivery. A strong candidate should understand various scientific approaches to optimization and have built innovative MHE solutions. Key Responsibilities: -
Lead initiative to optimize PIT and AGV utilization by implementing new technologies and initiatives.
- Source, manage and coordinate maintenance activities
- Develop and manage lifecycle maintenance program for AGV and PIT fleet
- Support Amazon Fulfillment Center launch teams to rapidly deploy new assets, technologies, and support packages
- Develop and utilize KPIs to measure operational readiness and effectiveness of Amazon’s AGV and PIT fleet
- Source and negotiate procurement and maintenance agreements Basic Qualifications:
The candidate should have an MBA or advance degree in Finance, engineering, operations research, mathematics, or computer science, 10+ years of direct management experience:
- MBA or advance degree in Finance, engineering, operations research, mathematics, or computer science.
- Experience in managing equipment and technology in PIT, AGV or similar commodities for at least 3 years.
- Experience leading and interacting with cross-functional teams.
- Project/product management experience/ financial/cost-benefit analysis.
- Experience with understanding and documenting complex process flows.
- Works closely with new business units or new initiatives to develop program implementation strategy.
- Creates strategic staffing plans to balance current and expected project plans with headcount and skill levels required to ensure long term success of the program
- Work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Defines a vision for the direction of the program and empowers Project Managers to develop and execute the vision.
- Ability to travel up to 50% Preferred Qualifications:
Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the design and operation of complex planning systems and processes
- Independent and Entrepreneurial showing the ability to work with minimal direction
- Advanced presentation skills and the ability to guide and influence senior leadership
- Experience in procurement is preferred
- High attention to detail and proven track record in taking ownership, driving results and moving with speed to implement ideas in a fast-paced online environment.