Scientists, developers, and many other technologists from many different industries are taking advantage of Amazon Web Services to perform big data analytics and meeting the challenges of the increasing volume, variety, and velocity of digital information. Amazon Web Services offers a comprehensive, end-to-end portfolio of cloud computing
services, allowing customers to implement solutions for all stages of the big data life cycle.
Amazon Web Services is looking for Support Engineers with an affinity for big-data tools.
We seek passionate engineers who can assist new and existing customers as they deploy and maintain their data within the Amazon Web Services Big Data product portfolio.
Why AWS Premium Support?
- Flexible schedule: Salaried role with flexible start time between 7am-11am.
- Follow-the-sun model with support sites in 6 locations globally: No after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role. Engineers work a stable Sunday-Thursday or Tuesday-Saturday schedule.
- Travel the world: Strong support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites worldwide or at specific AWS events.
- Career development within AWS Premium Support: We promote advancement opportunities including senior support engineer, tier 2.5 / SME, team lead, and technical account manager - 5 support engineers have been promoted to manager within the last 2 years in Seattle alone.
- Variety: Support engineers not only work a broad spectrum of technical issues but may also coach/mentor new hires, develop and present training, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in recruiting, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement or strategic initiatives.