· Experience in Linux system monitoring, analysis, and system administrator skills
· Experience with data plane and control plane
· Proficient in Map-Reduce, Zookeeper, HBASE, HDFS, Pig, Hive, Oozie, Spark, Presto, Hue, Yarn, HTFS, Sqoop, Python, and shell scripting
· Experience in Networking (DNS, TCP/IP)
· Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
· Excellent knowledge of Hadoop architecture and administration and support
· Expert understanding of ETL principles and how to apply them within Hadoop
· Good understanding of distributed computing environments
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Customer service experience / strong customer focus
· Strong multi-tasking skills
· Strong analysis and troubleshooting skills and experience
· Self-starter who is excited about learning new technology
· Prior working experience with AWS - any or all of EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, RDS, Dynamo DB, EMR
What if I’m not an expert in all the preferred qualifications listed on the job description?
That’s okay. That’s our preferred list, not a required listed. We hire smart people who can dive deep so we’re more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.