Amazon is migrating to Workday! We’re looking for the best and brightest Workday professionals for multiple roles to design, implement, build, test, and maintain what will be one of the largest Workday implementations in the world. As we prepare to kick off this project, we are hiring for all Workday roles – so if you’re awesome at something relevant and want to be part of the team, do not feel limited by this exact job description.
The Amazon People Technology team is seeking an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager (TPM) to join us as we implement Workday and transform human capital management (HCM) for one of our biggest customer groups, hundreds of thousands of Amazon employees. Our preferred candidate would possess strong program management skills, waterfall and/or agile experience leading medium to large software development Workday projects. The candidate would also possess high judgment, negotiation skills, have an ability to influence (directly and indirectly), be detail oriented, and have excellent problem solving abilities to be successful in this role.
Job Responsibilities Include:
• Scoping and delivering global technology projects end to end
• Interacting with project sponsors, other technical program managers, product managers, multiple development teams, quality assurance teams and customers to define and deliver complex features
• Managing a portfolio of projects
• Anticipating bottlenecks, providing escalation management, making tradeoffs, and balancing business needs versus technical constraints
• Maximizing resources for the greater good of the organization
• Identifying, assessing, tracking and mitigating issues and risks at multiple levels
• Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders
• Driving effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
• Developing strong relationships with business users in all HR Functional areas
• Mentoring other team members actively sharing knowledge