Amazon is migrating to Workday! We’re looking for the best and brightest Workday professionals for multiple roles to design, implement, build, test, and maintain what will be one of the largest Workday implementations in the world. As we prepare to kick off this project, we are hiring for all Workday roles – so if you’re awesome at something relevant and want to be part of the team, do not feel limited by this exact job description.
Do you have deep knowledge of Workday configuration tools and HCM business concepts? Do you have diverse technical skills and are passionate about using them to improve global business processes used by hundreds of thousands of people?
Amazon's People Technology team is looking for a Senior Workday Functional Lead that has hands on design and configuration expertise in modules that includes but not limited to Core HR, Employee and Manager Self-Service, Benefits, and NA Payroll. This person will work with business users globally to comprehend business requirements, help define scalable business processes, and implement best practices in configuring and designing the Workday HCM System. This position requires strong written and oral communication skills. The ideal candidate must have experience implementing Workday HCM solutions for large organizations and have exceptional ability to design functional solutions and that are in line with Amazon’s needs while staying consistent with the application architecture.
• Work in all project phases including fit/gap, requirements gathering, design, configuration, and testing.
• Involve in the design of Workday HCM solution to ensure that all work streams are cohesive and cross functional impacts are considered and mitigated
• Leads workshops and design review sessions with HR business users, Workday technical and functional resources at all levels, including global owners of the specific work streams.
• Able to take the business requirements and translate those into Workday configuration.
• Work with Workday implementation partners and configure Workday HCM to address the needs of multiple Amazon business organizations globally.
• Map Amazon business processes to Workday Business Process, identify strategies, risks, and options when gaps are identified, recommend approaches and mitigations to meet business requirements while staying consistent with Workday native architecture.
• Work alongside the integration team to design, configure, and test integrations between Workday and internal Amazon systems and external vendors.
• Mentor other functional analysts, actively share knowledge with others to develop in-house expertise on the product
• Interact with business customers (internal and external) to understand and document their business processes and requirements.
• Create business requirements documents, system configuration documents, detailed functional specification documents, test plans and test cases, user training documents and implementation documentation as necessary.
• Work with development team to design and implement system modifications, works with QA team to get the product tested and therefore ensures successful delivery of the work products.
• Develop strong relationships with business users in all HR Functional areas.
• Coordinates work across diverse teams globally, including vendors that support HR and Payroll business functions.
• Develops functional test plans, coordinates user acceptance testing and guides business users in testing.
• Can successfully manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously.