Amazon’s Global Marketing Team is focused on maximizing the value of Amazon’s customer base for all Amazon properties worldwide. The team is highly results oriented, and at its core, focuses on leveraging in-house technology in order to automate and scale marketing programs that drive new customers and maximize lifetime value of Amazon customers through measurable marketing programs and channels. New customers include not only those new to Amazon overall, but also customers who are new to specific Amazon verticals or properties beyond Amazon.com. Lifetime value maximization is focused primarily on driving revenue and driving customers to take high value actions – for example, enrollment in the Amazon Prime program – which increase Amazon’s value to our customers. Teams within the marketing organization are tightly integrated, with teams focused on specific programs consisting of all the resources required to manage the program, including strategy, marketing, product management, technology and operations.
The Global Marketing Team has embarked on an initiative to aggressively test new, scalable advertising platforms. Think Snapchat, Tumblr, WeChat, and a continuously shifting landscape of potential platforms that are poised to offer significant scale in the foreseeable future. In order to take advantage of the opportunity provided by these emerging marketing channels, the marketing organization is creating a new team focused exclusively in pursuing these opportunities. As a marketing manager in the new channel expansion team you will be focused on assessing marketing platforms, prioritizing new partners to test with, running experiments and preliminary marketing campaigns through these channels, and scaling up successful partnerships. The primary objectives of these partnerships are the same as the objectives for the overall marketing organization: acquiring new customers, encouraging customers to take high value actions, and directly generating revenue.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have experience in creating online marketing campaigns, A/B and multivariate testing and excel in execution. Furthermore, you will be highly innovative and comfortable driving new programs from conception through execution in a greenfield, ambiguous and fast paced environment. Core Responsibilities
· Assess potential new advertising opportunities for Amazon and determine platforms to engage with
· Approach potential advertising platforms to explore their fit with Amazon’s marketing campaigns
· Work directly with potential advertising platforms to understand their capabilities and provide input on their product roadmaps
· Drive rapid but well-structured campaign testing designed to validate the potential of selected channels
· Communicate regularly with internal stakeholders and traffic team colleagues to understand objectives and opportunities
· Track, measure and report on channel results