Looking for an opportunity to move fast and make a big impact? Amazon empowers over two million businesses to succeed at selling to hundreds of millions of Amazon customers. As a key pillar of the business, Amazon Marketplace builds and operates a global e-Commerce platform that enables Sellers to sell to millions of Amazon customers and is at the heart of Amazon’s explosive growth accounting for over 55% of all units sold on Amazon. We are looking for a dynamic leader to join our company as the Human Resources Leader for Customer and Brand Protection.
The Customer and Brand Protection
organization protects Customers, Sellers, and Brands ensuring they have an amazing experience while shopping or selling products on Amazon. The mission of this org is to prevent fraud, counterfeit, infringers and other abusive bad actors from creating accounts, listing products, getting traffic, generating orders, and making money from abusive activities. They also help eliminate defects that impact the Customer experience such as inaccurate listings, unsafe products, materially different order, late shipment or other negative experiences that may arise from a Seller or Vendor not meeting the high Customer quality bar. The mission of Brand Registry is to be Amazon’s authoritative source of brand names, relationships, intellectual property (i.e. trademarks) and authorized accounts. Brands that register onto this service have access to features that seek to protect Brands with government registered intellectual property and deliver an accurate Customer experience.
This HR leader will focus on developing and implementing an HR strategy that ensures that these strategies are aligned with the business objectives and Amazon’s culture. This HR Leader will partner with the various Directors along with their respective leadership teams to develop and execute the HR strategies and activities that foster growth, innovation, and organizational effectiveness. The individual in this role will assess the human resources needs in areas such as performance management, employee relations, compensation, career development, retention and leadership development, and drive the appropriate solutions in these areas. The role is global in scope and supports a wide variety of teams including sales, technology, product management, data science and business leadership.
Specifically, responsibilities include the ability to:
- Understand the Marketplace business model and objectives, and contribute to the development of both business and HR strategies that align with objectives
- Drive informed decision making by using data to identify trends; work with business leaders to determine root cause of issues; develop organizational effectiveness solutions
- Identify and take action on coaching opportunities including the facilitation of individual, team and leadership interventions
- Partner with senior leadership and recruiting to develop workforce plans and staffing models that support business objectives and advance the business and functions (talent acquisition, onboarding, development, talent movement)
- Support the implementation of structures and strategies to improve individual and organizational performance
- Advance diversity and inclusion efforts for the business by driving the organization’s diversity plan and leading implementation plans