Amazon is seeking a Corporate Development Manager who will play a key role in all parts of generating, managing and executing acquisitions, investments and select strategic partnerships. We are seeking an innovative, creative, analytical and strategic thinker, who is passionate about Amazon and the future of e-commerce and technology. The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively with cross-functional teams and thrives in a fast paced setting that is constantly evolving. A clear track record of outstanding corporate finance skills and deep strategic thinking experience are essential.
Corporate Development is a small, tight-knit team who values authentic, strong willed individuals that think creatively and will proactively seek out opportunities to advance the growth initiatives of Amazon’s businesses. This role is a highly visible position that interacts with Amazon’s most senior leaders. He/she will be required to handle multiple projects across a variety of business categories. The candidate will act as the primary contact in supporting Amazon's business units and senior leadership by conducting industry research, valuation analyses, due diligence, creation of strategic presentations /recommendations, acquisition term sheets and contract negotiations. Additionally, this role requires a strong ability to build both internal and external relationships with the start-up and Venture Capital communities.
Key Strategic Objectives:
- Identify appropriate opportunities which support Amazon's strategic priorities through interaction with senior business leaders, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, investment bankers, and organic pipeline generation
- Partner with businesses to evaluate expansion opportunities
- Work with all cross-functional groups within Amazon from signing the term sheet to proper integration
- Act as a subject matter expert on valuation and deal structuring
- Establish the ongoing processes that will enable Amazon to continue to build out our corporate development competency, in the face of extremely fast growth