Amazon Web Services, a leader in cloud computing, is seeking a talented and experienced Communications Program Manager to drive internal communications programs that build a culture of best practice sharing, collaboration, and knowledge transfer among a global field organization. This role is both highly strategic and hands-on, requiring an entrepreneurial big thinker who is also willing to roll up their sleeves and get things done.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated success driving content and communication strategies, and managing global programs in highly matrixed organizations. Strong attention to detail, along with strong copywriting and editing skills for both original content as well as rewriting and optimizing content from subject matter experts are essential. This role will work with stakeholders across AWS Sales, Business Development, Professional Services, Solutions Architecture, Partners, and Marketing. The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively across multiple technical and non-technical business units, as well as across other geographies.
We'd prefer for this candidate to be based in either our Seattle, San Francisco Bay Area or New York AWS offices (or willing to relocate to either of these offices). Responsibilities
- Manage the content strategy and editorial calendar for communication programs that drive awareness for best practices, repeatable selling strategies, and institutional knowledge among a global sales organization
- Work cross-functionally and across geographies with stakeholders at all levels to produce compelling and effective content for a variety of audiences and channels including a communications portal, sales blog, videos, podcasts, and emails
- Develop and deploy repeatable mechanisms for curating content on a recurring basis across various functions and geographies
- Manage external contract writers and digital media producers from sourcing to delivery
- Implement metrics to measure program adoption, impact, and effectiveness
- Bring a “find a way” entrepreneurial spirit to your work, earning the trust of stakeholders at all levels