Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com, is the industry’s leading cloud computing platform. The AWS Startup Business Development team is seeking a talented, experienced, self-directed Program Manager to join an organization that is responsible for driving adoption of the AWS platform by startups around the world.
In this role, you will be responsible for shaping and delivering new functionality for our Activate program to enhance the experience for the Startup customer base on AWS. That includes defining vision, roadmap, functionality, workflow and operational implementation of all stages of program development. You must be able to directly understand and relate to the startup experience, have an innate understanding for entrepreneurs, company founders and technical decision makers at early stage companies, and be passionate about helping build new ideas for that community. Ideally, you are someone that has had experience designing and developing new products targeted at the startup community. You should be familiar and interested in driving innovation in customer facing products, and have a track record of owning successful, metrics driven development plans. You must be able to work with and influence different teams across organizations to work toward a common development goal.
The ideal candidate will have a strong program management background with experience leading medium to large projects. The candidate will also have a business development background with strong ability to earn trust with startup founders, as well as work cross-functionally across the Amazon organization. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must.Roles & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with customers, Startup Business Development, Startup Marketing, and specialist teams across the organization to understand the needs of entrepreneurs and how to help them meet those needs to achieve growth.
- Research and ideate potential solutions to process gaps and hurdles in the startup experience on Activate.
- Own the roadmap & implementation of various customer facing products targeted at the startup community.
- Implement customer usage metrics & reporting, with a strong focus on improving customer experience.
- Develop customer facing content & documentation to support the release and usage of your products.
- Manage the entire lifecycle of the initiatives you are responsible for, including showing operations success and developing on further iterations.