Amazon PR is seeking a highly-intelligent, high-judgment, self-motivated and creative public relations professional to join our global communications team in Seattle to lead public relations initiatives for Amazon Books, Amazon’s physical bookstore. The Senior PR Manager will be responsible for leading overall PR strategy, developing and executing new store launches and announcements, as well as existing store public relations. He/she should be a strategic thinker with exceptional planning, project management and organizational skills and enjoy working in a fast-paced, start-up culture. He/she should be a very strong writer with a keen eye for details.
Amazon Books is a physical extension of Amazon.com. We’ve applied over twenty years of online bookselling experience to build a store that integrates the benefits of offline and
online book shopping. It is very much still day one for Amazon Books and we are looking for entrepreneurial, analytical, creative, flexible leaders to help us make Amazon Books a place that customers love to shop.
The role is based in Seattle and requires regular travel (approximately 20% of the time).
In this role you will:
- Create and implement strategic publicity plans that drive awareness for Amazon Books stores.
- Write press releases; pitch and secure top media, including print, broadcast and online outlets.
- Develop and strengthen relationships with key media (both national and in local markets).
- Work cross-functionally to plan and execute PR campaigns.
- Successfully manage complex, fast-moving and unexpected communications challenges.
- Lead development and execution of events and media engagements.
- Effectively represent Amazon as spokesperson.
- Manage either one employee or a small team