Amazon is seeking a World Wide (WW) Procurement Senior Manager, Engineer to partner with suppliers internal business owners and key stake holders to drive extreme procurement and operational value for Amazon. This role is expected to operate at a WW strategic level to standardize global procurement processes, operational tools, operating standards, sourcing methodologies, supplier qualification & development, value engineering and value stream mapping. The role is intentionally broad in nature to include regional and business specific requirements, international suppliers, and innovative and comprehensive business requirements. The role is an important component of the WW Procurement Team whose scope includes WW Capital Equipment, MHE, Advanced Technology and process excellence. The World Wide Procurement Senior Manager will work closely with regional procurement team. WW Procurement will often partner in these activities with representatives from Engineering Finance, Legal and Business Development. Overall, the World Wide Procurement Senior Manager has responsibility for ensuring our WW Regional Procurement teams are enabled with the tools, processes and technology to help drive Amazon to be the best e-commerce retailer in the world. Responsibilities
- Manage annual spend of +$500MM in capital equipment purchase
- Drive material handling equipment category management at global level
- Develop & execute long & short term global sourcing strategy in collaboration with the regions
- Lead major projects & contract negotiations with suppliers
- Lead standardization of supplier portals & other IT tools
- Develop and implement supplier qualification and performance scorecard
- Work in close cooperation with the regional procurement teams in NA, EU and Asia and respective stakeholders in engineering, facilities and operations.
- Develop and drive integrated category supply chain processes that ensure continuous improvements in supplier quality, delivery and cost performance.
- Drive the necessary controls, budgets, policies and procedures are in place to optimize procurement’s contribution to Amazon’s business plans.
- Develop and utilize improved metrics and data driving decision making capabilities.
- Improve overall organizational capability through systems, processes and talent development.
- Develop and implement integrated supply chain processes that effectively support Amazon’s growing and dynamic business model.
- Build, develop and lead a team of world class procurement professionals.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives throughout the organization.