Would you like to own managing relationships with University startup programs and influencing decision making towards utilizing Amazon Web Services as the basis for their startups’ infrastructure? Do you have the business savvy, the technical insight, and the background necessary to mesh with startup ecosystem worldwide and to help further establish Amazon as the global leader in the cloud computing space?
As a business development manager within AWS, you will have the exciting opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to build mind share and broad use of Amazon’s cloud computing platform within the global startup communities. Your responsibilities will include
- Identifying appropriate universities and programs to target
- Recommending, implementing and reporting on AWS’s metrics within the startup ecosystem
- Develop a leveraged, differentiated and distributed strategy that allows AWS to deliver appropriate value to startup organizations across the world using resources in Seattle and in other worldwide offices of AWS.
- Driving the necessary business, strategic and technical relationships with the startup organizations and their startups to establish new business in those accounts,
- Collaborating with the AWS startup marketing team to communicate with the startup ecosystem
- Working closely with the AWS sales team drive the day-to-day interactions with the portfolio companies in order to build long-term business opportunity.
You’ll also work closely with AWS strategic corporate development, business development, product management and support teams on strategic initiatives that tie in to the startup community.
The ideal candidate will posses both a business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact with the partners and managers of the startup organizations, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact with startup founders, software developers and architects. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to build and convey compelling value propositions, and work cross-organizationally to build consensus. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and scrappiness is a must, as is the ability to leverage and motivate AWS’s global organization to achieve results.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as a key member of the Business Development team in helping to drive overall AWS market and technical strategy.
- Identify key startup organizations who work with companies that have infrastructure needs matching AWS’s offerings, and drive engagement with startup organizations.
- Execute the strategic business development plan while working with key internal stakeholders (e.g. sales teams, partners, marketing, support, etc.).
- Work closely with the university startup programs and their companies to ensure they are successful using the AWS platform and services, making sure they have the technical resources required.
- Understand and actively utilize salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems.
- Implement and manage reporting systems to track the effectiveness of the efforts to target the companies in startup organizations.
- Prepare reports and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding the effectiveness of these efforts and roadblocks to establishing new startup organizations engagements.
- Serve as they primary eyes and ears to startup organizations and startup community on behalf of AWS and Amazon.
- Handle a high volume of engagements and the fast pace of the cloud computing market
- Experienced with account management (Enterprise, SMB and startup) and solution selling ability
- Some relevant technical knowledge is required, such as: database systems, core distributed computing concepts, fundamentals of cloud computing and virtualization, storage systems, content delivery networks (CDNs) etc. with ability to go deep enough on technical aspects to differentiate between varied AWS services.
- Some travel is required.
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **