On the Finance Business Services Business Partnership (BP) Team, you will find yourself working with people that are exceptionally talented, smart, and committed to driving financial and process improvements across multiple Amazon businesses. In this team, you will thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment and be part of an atmosphere of constant improvement, where the things you are doing today won’t necessarily be what you are doing 6 months later. To support business growth, our candidate must possess a strong passion for accountability, set high standards, raise the bar and drive results through constant focus on improving existing and future state operations, financial performance, productivity and team performance.
This position is based in Beijing, China, and is primarily focused on cash-related processes for Amazon’s retail marketplace and its non-retail businesses including Amazon devices and digital content, Gift Cards, and other related businesses. The person would work closely with business leaders in China, the local accounting, tax, and finance teams, business and finance groups in the United States, and the operational service centers throughout Asia.
The Senior Manager will be a key leader and driver, a self-starter and pivotal member of the BP Team, playing a critical role in shaping the strategic objectives of the team, driving ownership of key deliverables across Amazon’s multiple business organizations, working hand in hand with multiple partners and Finance Business Services to ensure the highest degree of controllership and performance are realized while driving financial and productivity improvements across the organization. This leader will use complex problem solving skills, manage multiple high visibility priorities, and maintain a keen attention to detail and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous situations. In addition, the successful candidate will demonstrate achievement in driving successful projects, developing, coaching and mentoring team members, and exhibiting strong interpersonal and communication skills with multiple business partners across many geographies. Responsibilities:
· Lead the team, working cross-organizationally and functionally to identify key opportunities in process, technical, and human interfaces and developing and implementing plans to capitalize on those opportunities and measure and monitor success and impacts.
· Identify and develop opportunities for improved cash flow, margin or productivity internal and external to Finance Business Services, collaborating and building relationships with system and business owners globally to drive end-to-end improvements and sound financial and customer experience recommendations and successes.
· Develop and implement effective organization communications with business partners, including financial modeling and analysis, metrics and reporting that provide insights and a proactive way of managing and monitoring the impacts of change.
· Drive critical vendor, process and system escalations effectively to ensure root cause analysis and effective problem resolution and improved customer experience while ensuring the highest degree of controllership and customer obsession.
· Identify and quantify financial and operational risks and opportunities both internal to Finance Business Services and to the business, driving ad-hoc projects as required.
· Establish a regular cadence of engagement with the many Finance Business Services Service Centers and businesses, ensuring process excellence with the highest degree of controllership.