Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future. The Smart Home team within Alexa is focused on making Alexa the
user interface for the home. From the simplest voice commands (turn on the lights, turn down the heat) to use cases spanning home security, home entertainment, and home environment, we are evolving Alexa into intelligent, indispensable companion that automates daily routines, simplifies interaction with appliances and electronics, and alerts when something unusual is detected.
Smart Home Platform team is responsible for developing Smart Home Skill API, managing the smart device life cycle that includes setup, discovery, control and state. As a Test Engineer on the team,
- You design, implement, and deploy solutions using new or existing technologies that test major portions of software
- You have a solid understanding of software design patterns and test strategy.
- You are able to work independently and with your team to deliver software successfully.
- Your work is consistently high quality (e.g., maintainable, reliable, efficient, etc.) and incorporates best practices. Your team trusts your work.
- You improve your team’s automation of development, testing and deployment.
You will have the satisfaction of working on a product your friends and family can relate to, and want to use every day. Like the Smart phones 10 years ago, we believe Smart Home Ecosystem has rare opportunity to have a giant impact on the way people live.
Below details gives you what this team built in last two years: