The AWS Relational Database Service (RDS) is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer who will drive the overall security architecture of one of the largest services in AWS. The successful candidate will be responsible for envisioning security enhancements, identification of security vulnerability, and will work with a group of highly motivated engineers to develop security features that make RDS the most secure cloud database provider.
RDS is one of the fastest-growing AWS businesses, providing automated relational database management in the cloud. Customers can set up a new database with just a few clicks, and complex administrative tasks like scaling, fail-over, and monitoring are all automatically handled by our control systems. Providing such simplified management for customers comes with the of building sophisticated and reliable control systems. The RDS team addresses these by developing services that reflect the latest advances in high availability, data dissemination and replication, load balancing, management, and repair.
The systems we build manage huge numbers of databases and vast amounts of storage across multiple regions world-wide, requiring constant innovations in our systems in order to handle the next order of magnitude in service scale. We work all the way up and down the stack, from kernel-level modules to UX components, using a wide array of technologies, ranging from the various database engines we support (MySQL, SQL Server, MariaDB, and Oracle currently) to several AWS services (like EBS and EC2) and many open-source components.
The successful applicant must possess excellent software development skills, working knowledge of relational databases, ability to learn new skills and concepts rapidly, and is able to work and is self-motivated. Candidates need to have a strong sense of ownership, passion to provide great customer experience and excellent troubleshooting skills even when in high-pressure situations. Responsibilities:
- RDS effort to deliver security features
- Identify security vulnerabilities in our services and develop mitigation solutions
- Dive deep into security vulnerabilities and deliver necessary mitigations during a security incident response
- Be recognized throughout AWS as an expert in matters concerning security. This includes being participation at relevant security conferences as well as contributing to Amazon’s I Property through patents.
- Help the team drive continual improvement and innovation in the group's vulnerability management process
For more information on RDS, please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/rds