Amazon Selection and Catalog Systems (ASCS) builds the systems that host and run the world’s largest e-Commerce products catalog. Our large scale distributed systems process hundreds of millions of updates on the billions of products to power the online buying experience for hundreds of millions of Amazon's customers worldwide, so they can find, discover and buy anything they want 24x7x365.
Do you enjoy the challenge and ownership that comes from driving large scale software initiatives, with direct and visible impacts across all of Amazon? Do you like to lead and develop a team of talented engineers? Do you like working in an entrepreneurial environment solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions? If you answer yes, building the Earth’s largest product selection may just be the perfect opportunity for you.
A successful candidate will have an established track record of developing and delivering complex distributed software systems, a keen technical aptitude, excellent project management skills, solid communication skills, and be driven to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
· Thinking big and working with executive leadership and business stakeholders to define strategy and roadmap.
· Management and execution against roadmap, project plans and delivery commitments
· Owning all metrics around initiative goals you will define. We make decisions based on data.
· Responsible for the overall systems development life cycle
· Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team
· Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
· Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
· Customer Obsession
· Thinks big
· Exhibits excellent judgment
· Has relentlessly high standards (is never satisfied with the status quo)
· Hires and develops great people
· Strong results orientation
· Is able to dive deep and is never out of touch with the details of the business or the technology