Amazon Go is a new kind of store with no lines and no checkout. You simply use the Amazon Go app to enter the store, take what you want from our selection of fresh, delicious meals and grocery essentials, and go.
Our checkout-free shopping experience is made possible by our Just Walk Out Technology. It automatically detects when products are taken from or returned to the shelves and keeps track of them in a virtual cart. When you’re done shopping, you just leave the store. Shortly after, we’ll charge your Amazon account and send you a receipt. Check it out at amazon.com/go. Designed and custom-built by Amazonians, our technology uses computer vision, sensor fusion, and advanced machine learning. Innovation is part of our DNA. We need people who want to join a high-reaching program that continues to push the state of the art in computer vision, machine learning, distributed systems and hardware design. The Role
: You are a talented Software Engineer who knows how to design and code beautiful customer-facing interfaces. You get things done, and done really well. You're a dreamer and a futurist. You have an inventor’s spirit, a can-do approach, proficiency in a wide range of design technologies, and a keen eye for detail. We are looking for talented engineers for both iOS and Android.
We are an agile team that crafts interfaces spanning a variety of new digital experiences. We work with a highly capable team of UX designers, graphic designers, researchers and engineers to build new exciting interfaces that start and end with the customer. You will be expected to challenge and be challenged, to, connect, to build, to innovate. We are inventing real things for real people, not presentations, and this should excite you. We pride ourselves on being multitalented and flexible, and everyone on our team is a builder.
In this role, you'll:
• Partner with the design team to ensure that proposed designs translate through to shipping products.
• Indulge your interest in designing for new platforms.
• Deliver finished, beautifully crafted experiences to customers.
• Understand touch driven animations with spring physics and integrated audio feedback.
Key Attributes and Responsibilities
• You are proficient in building flexible, maintainable, performant interactive digital user interfaces across a broad spectrum of technologies. Native development experience is required.
• Understand physics based animation, touch interactions, integrated audio and know how to make them extraordinary.
• You are passionate about defining and creating brand new products and services that will radically improve customer experiences in key strategic areas.
• Demonstrated skill and creativity for selecting the right mix of interaction models to create unique experiences for users. Excited to agree on new methods when the right method does not exist.
• You love to explore unknown territory and invent simple, beautiful solutions to complex business and usability problems, often with no clear precedent in today’s world.
• You are highly collaborative, with a consistent record of working closely with your team to influence outcomes and propose well-informed new directions.
• You have great interpersonal communication skills. You’re good at finding new and better ways of communicating and sharing your work, and are always fine-tuning your deliverables for maximum impact and transparency.