Curious on what it takes to power search, discovery and context aware personalized recommendation of relevant items on Amazon’s business retail catalog - the largest (and growing) business retail catalog on the planet? Are you interested in learning and contributing to the product recommender technology and experiences? Are you looking to innovate at scale, have an impact, work on a ground floor opportunity and have fun while making history bootstrapping a multi-billion business opportunity? If so, read on, this is an opportunity that you don’t want to miss.
Amazon Business Search and personalization team’s vision is to be the earth’s default discovery destination for business commerce. As a senior applied scientist on the Search and Personalization team, your responsibilities are:
- Use statistical and machine learning techniques to create scalable traditional and non-traditional approaches for product recommender systems and search relevancy.
- Analyzing and understanding large amounts of Amazon’s historical business data for personalized product recommendations and search relevancy.
- Design, development and evaluation of highly innovative models for for personalized product recommendations and search relevancy.
- Working closely with software engineering teams to drive real-time model implementations and new feature creations
- Establishing scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, model development, model validation and model implementation
- Tracking general business activity and providing clear, compelling management reporting on a regular basis
- Research and implement novel machine learning and statistical approaches
If you enjoy working in a dynamic fast paced environment with autonomy this is the career opportunity for you!
It is now Day 1 in Amazon Business (AB). Amazon Business represents an incredible opportunity to address a vast new market segment worldwide and is an area of high interest for Amazon. We are focused on building solutions that enable business customer to find, research, and buy products and services from a vast selection, across multiple devices, marketplaces and regions. Our customers include individual professionals, small businesses to large institutions (and everything in between). Our business customers have different needs than the traditional Amazon customers, so we are reinventing how we discover business selection, price products, and provide the right customer experience. You can learn more about Amazon Business offering by visiting this blog