Amazon is seeking a talented, self-directed data scientist to support analytical needs of Amazon Web Services' Sales teams. This is a unique opportunity to play a key role in an exciting, fast growing business.
You will be working in one of the world's most complex data environments. You should be skilled in the architecture and operations of DW solutions for the Enterprise using multiple platforms (RDBMS, Columnar, Cloud). You should have extensive experience in analyzing and building models against extremely large data sets. You should have excellent business and communication skills to be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and to build models and simulations that answer those questions.
What you will do:
- Support the analytical needs of the team inclusive of routine reporting, ad-hoc, statistical inference, predictive modeling and simulation
- Model out usage of AWS services to determine optimal sales planning, quota setting, territory coverage, recruiting needs, office planning and more
- Maintain and improve our system for gauging sales and supporting teams effectiveness
- Work with central economics, machine learning, data engineering, sales operations, finance and other analytics team to ensure the most efficient and effective allocation of resources to tackle our team's agenda
- Ensure that the quality and timeliness of analytic deliverables to meet and exceed the Sales Strategy & Operations team expectations