AWS was named as the leader in the Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Magic Quadrant report for the 6th consecutive year in 2016. The Magic Quadrant for Cloud Infrastructure as a Service, Worldwide; Gartner placed AWS in the “Leaders” quadrant and positioned AWS as having both the furthest completeness of vision and the highest ability to execute. From start-ups to multi-national corporations to governments, more than 1 million active customers trust AWS every month as their cloud platform. Innovation is in our DNA. Our approach to product development and delivery is fundamentally different than other IT vendors, which has allowed us to ensure that our customers have the broadest, deepest, and most secure platform to build transformational applications and services since 2006. Additionally, Amazon.com has built a reputation for excellence with recent examples being named one of the most admired company in the US, one of the most innovative, and #1 in Customer Service. We are looking for a Senior Research Scientist to deliver innovative solutions to complex technical problems in a customer centric manner.
As a Senior Research Scientist
for AWS Support, you will work closely with senior management, regional and site leads as well as operations in order to forecast and optimize global operations. You will be responsible for measuring, designing and planning support engineer deployment in a global environment to ensure outstanding customer experience while balancing support costs. In addition, you will be responsible for optimizing workflow, staffing and routing to ensure the right engineer is connected to the right customer at the right time. You will also act as the voice of the engineer and provide inputs to the engineering teams as they build products for workflow and workforce management as well as skill based routing. Last, will also liaise with the finance, program management, data engineering, analytics, insights and operations teams to help our expansion across multiple regions.
This position requires a solution-oriented candidate with a combination of expertise in operations research, a deep business acumen, knowledge of statistical best practices, and an analytical mindset to enable tactical modelling, forecasting, optimization and implementation of their research. The candidate must have the ability to work with diverse stakeholder groups to solve business problems and provide data driven solutions that are organized and simple to understand. Become part of this unique opportunity to make history defining the evolution of cloud computing.
· Apply advanced operations research techniques to provide best-case outcomes to our customers' individual needs.
· Work with Amazon Web Services engineers to help improve service level and customer experience.
· Work with the regional leaders to model, forecast and optimize shift plans and schedules.
· Work with workflow managers in other regions to ensure alignment in approach and a consistent experience for customers.
· Work with the worldwide planning management teams to ensure alignment in strategy to global planning.
· Develop reports showing the effectiveness of our teams and highlight opportunities for increased productivity.
· Work with product management and operations teams to help build utilities and tools for internal use.
· Leverage day-to-day experiences to provide the voice of the customer/engineer to internal AWS teams.
· Participate and contribute in global capacity planning and budgeting exercises.