This opportunity is for a Software Development Manager for the iOS team. The Audible iOS team’s vision is to enable a frictionless experience allowing Audible customers to listen and engage with the largest Audiobook portfolio. Our goal is to deliver world-class products that scale for millions of daily listener sessions across the entire iOS eco-system including smart phones, Car Play, Smart Watches and living room devices. We are a nimble team with a game-changing mind-set, endless passion and uncompromising user focus. We operate like a start-up, yet have the resources we need to deliver on our goals. Our team is working on building native iOS products, without compromising compatibility with various iOS devices in an agile environment.
If you are ready to become a part of a culture that celebrates “thinking big” and want to use your passion and creativity to improve the daily lives of listeners around the world, we have a place for you on our team – come join us. RESPONSIBILITIES
- You will play a leading role in managing the delivery of large cross functional projects spanning teams and divisions in Audible and outside of Audible (Amazon teams).
- You will collaborate to define core business objectives in order to deliver the best product, program or project with the most efficient use of company resources.
- Work with cross functional teams – technology, business and operations to manage multiple projects that have conflicting needs / priorities, from concept to launch.
- You will collaborate to define the technical architecture of solutions for mobile devices.
- Work with technical astuteness, be detailed oriented and proactive in seeking open issues in the projects and drive subsequent closure.
- Communicate project risks, progress, launches and retrospectives across all stakeholders and teams – consistently and transparently.
- Strive constantly to improve and establish a new bar in performance (using objective metrics) in project execution.
- You actively mentor more junior members of the team, improving their skills, their knowledge of our systems, and their ability to get things done.