Are you passionate about working across multiple teams to build solutions that are more than the sum of their parts? Do you thrive on turning ambiguity into clarity? Do you enjoy diving both into business requirements and into technical architecture/design?
Amazon’s Global IT Corporate Infrastructure team is looking for a Technical Program Manager to facilitate successful delivery of complex technical projects focused on new and existing infrastructure. This role will provide field level project management and administrative functions to ensure projects are being executed within budget, and on schedule. The Technical Program Manager will be the key point of contact for managing the full project life-cycle from start-up and be a key interface to the customer and the Program Management team. Responsibilities:
· Manage and own complex projects having enterprise wide impact.
· Conducts pre-project planning, project handoffs and ensures design delivery and verification.
· Develop functional specifications, project schedules and milestones.
· Work with stakeholders to identify resources needed, assemble project teams, and assign responsibilities.
· Assess costs, benefits and risks, plus Identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively through effective action and appropriate escalation.
· Balance business needs with technical and security constraints.
· Clearly communicate goals, responsibilities, issues and status to team members and stakeholders.
· Drive effective teamwork, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate local and remote groups with competing priorities. Success in this role will require a majority of the skills listed:
· Excellent project management skills with an attention to detail.
· Ability to interrupt architectural drawings and have a rudimentary knowledge of construction.
· Cross group collaboration with a decided lean towards to driving issues to successful conclusions.
· Thrive in the face of ambiguity and not be deterred to address and prioritize multiple projects.
· Understand strategic initiatives and drive them to a successful conclusion.
· Build trusting relationships allowing you to own and drive programs.
· Liaison between the stakeholders, IT, and Engineering teams.
· Support development of best practices and initiatives, coordinating with design, construction management, network implementation, and operations.
· Coordinate change management between multiple teams to meet a deadline.
· Assure rapid responses to high priority builds and break-fixes.
· Assist with developing project budgets and providing cost estimates.
· Identify and respond to risks and high-priority issues rapidly and effectively through effective action and appropriate escalation.
Global IT values diversity of thought and wants to grow through hiring people with a wide range of backgrounds, cultures and experiences, allowing us to continue to innovate for complex problems. If you're interested in helping us shape our journey and being part of the team, then please apply to find out more.