Want to help build a new business in one of the fastest growing and strategic areas in Amazon retail? Interested in a leadership position on a small and dynamic start-up that will enable customers to shop Amazon in a brand new way? Come join our team of innovators, seasoned business leaders, passionate engineers, experienced product managers, and creative visual designers to shape the future of shopping on Amazon.
We are looking for a passionate, insightful, and results-oriented Senior Business Intel Engineer to build and create the data and metrics framework that will power our startup initiative. This role will define and deliver programs and analysis, which will drive business decisions and result in step function improvements for our customers. In this role, you will be working with large and complex data sets; you should be passionate about bringing data together to answer business questions. You should have deep expertise in creation and management of datasets and the proven ability to translate the data into meaningful insights. In this role, you will have ownership of end-to-end development of solutions to complex questions and you’ll play an integral role in strategic decision-making.
The right person will provide strategic level technical leadership for the analysis that needs to be done, the architecture of our data, and the most effective BI solution. This individual will collaborate with Product Managers, Software Development Managers and Senior Leadership to shape the direction of the team. The right candidate will possess excellent business and communication skills, be able to work with business owners to develop and define key business questions, and be able to analyze data to answer those questions. You should have a solid understanding of efficient and scalable data mining and an ability to use the data in financial and statistical modeling. Key Responsibilities:
- Develop and define key business questions to inform product design decisions
- Design and build metrics, reporting, and processes as needed to support the team
- Use data to identify opportunities and provide strong recommendations to influence leadership in how to respond to them
- Architect the right data ecosystem to supply actionable business intelligence
- Develop data storage strategy and design data views for business needs
- Effectively balance scalability, performance, accuracy, and business needs in design decisions
- Lead engineers to implement design of data architecture
- Combine expert knowledge of statistical methodology and analysis with advanced programming skills to support complex analyses
- Uphold the highest standards of data collection, reporting, and analysis across our team through all phases of software development