Amazon seeks an experienced Business and Data Analyst to join a newly created Enterprise Risk Management and Compliance (ERMC) team. Amazon has a diverse set of global businesses, and each business has some level of compliance requirements across multiple areas, including Payments, Trade, Human Resources, Tax, Social Responsibility, and others. While the responsibility for maintaining compliance is with the individual business areas, this team ensures each business has an effective ERMC program with processes, controls and self-testing in place to address their regulatory responsibilities. This team also assists in risk ranking and mitigation of gaps identified throughout the organization.
In this role you'll own everything from ad-hoc reporting to long term analytical and statistical projects that will greatly affect the effectiveness of the ERMC team. You'll work with multiple Amazon Businesses and Functions, and work with a wide range of data technologies (e.g. Oracle, Redshift, etc.) and stay abreast of emerging technologies, investigating and implementing where appropriate. Duties & responsibilities for this role will include:
- Work with various stakeholders, to understand business drivers, goals and actionable outcomes using analytics
- Design, implement, and support key datasets that provide structured and timely access to actionable business information addressing stakeholder needs
- Develop analytical or metric solutions that are automated and scalable
- Drive business decision-making based on analytical findings
- Investigate and implement new big data technologies to solve business problems where appropriate
- Develop complex queries for ad hoc requests and projects, as well as ongoing reporting