Elemental, an Amazon Web Services company, is the leading supplier of software-defined video solutions for multiscreen content delivery. We are looking for a Principal Software Development Engineer to join us on our Delta product team, building the best Content Delivery Platform in the world.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for building new cloud architectures around Elemental’s just-in-time video packaging and origination software, Elemental Delta. You’ll be a technical leader on the team, solving complex scaling problems that come with delivering video to millions of viewers over HTTP. Your job is to abstract this complexity and operational burden away from our customers, so they can trust that video is delivered reliably to all of their users’ devices (phones, tablets, computers, TVs).
This role requires outstanding programming skills, and a passion for creating robust distributed systems. As a key member of the team, you will contribute to all aspects of the software lifecycle: design, experimentation, implementation and testing. You should be willing to dive deep, experiment rapidly and get things done. You should have an entrepreneurial spirit, love autonomy, know how to deliver, and long for the opportunity to build pioneering solutions to challenging problems. We are looking for leaders!
What You’ll Do:
- Architect and build new cloud-based deployment strategies for Elemental Delta software
- Define and achieve performance metrics, and instill the operational practices needed to sustain them
- Participate in the hiring of future team members and mentoring of other engineers
- Learn a tremendous amount about modern media technologies
- Have fun in a challenging but rewarding environment
- Make a significant contribution to launching a new cloud-based architecture for Elemental Delta
- Become an expert on AWS tooling and operational practices
- Launch at least one customer deployment that wouldn’t have happened without you