The Kindle Store team is offering a truly exceptional opportunity to be a part of a collaborative team working on Amazon.com's best selling product - Kindle. Our systems need to meet remarkably high standards of quality, performance, reliability and operating around the clock on a massive scale. We are seeking an innovative, results-oriented and experienced Software Development Engineer for our Kindle Store tech team. The goal of Kindle Content Store is to connect customers with the content we sell. It’s a fast-paced, ever evolving environment, and we love people who want to own our business as well as our technology.
The Kindle Store Tech team owns the technology that enables the end-to-end eBook shopping experiences of Kindle Content Store on the retail website, 1P/3P tablets and phones, and 1P touch/non-touch eInk devices. We provide customers with access to millions of titles, spanning 14 marketplaces (US/UK/DE/FR/IT/ES/CN/IN/JP/MX/CA/BR/AU/NL) and with localization support. The team is building technical solutions to improve merchandising efficiency of creating and managing merchandised campaigns cross all surfaces.
In this position you will provide both strategic and tactical oversight to build the features and functionality required to have a best in class offering for Kindle customers. You will work on new and ambitious initiatives taking them from concept to launched product on a variety of surfaces, including the retail website, Kindle Fire tablets, eInk devices, other Android devices, and Apple iPod, iPad, and iPhone.
If you are a talented and enthusiastic software development engineer who is passionate about delivering the best customer experience, then you should apply.
A successful candidate will have an established background in developing customer-facing experiences, a strong technical ability, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, a proven ability to grow and develop a team and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment.
- Be responsible for building the best customer experience, keeping latency, security, and usability in mind.
- Work closely with the engineers and product managers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Interact with product managers and designers and convert their vision into technical solution.
- Guide the team on development best practices and set examples by using them in solutions you build.
- Document and present strategies to senior management.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
- Lead and mentor junior talented engineers.