At Amazon, we're working to be the Earth’s most customer-centric company. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. The Program Manager role represents a key component of the Amazon Customer Excellence System (ACES) and as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) focuses on ‘what we have but don’t understand’ to standardize, optimize and teach in order to impact customer experience, support business growth and innovation.
The ACES SME team acts as a catalyst for change in the NA Organization by driving innovation at operator level, prioritizing Amazon Fulfilment Technology initiatives and supporting engineering design innovation. The ACES SMEs strive to be experts in Amazon’s operation systems and deliver world class solutions through optimizing and reinventing the technology we have now for the business challenges of tomorrow and empowering local leaders through education. Principal Program Managers on the NACF ACES SME team will be required to work across team and business units at Amazon to deliver solutions to operations biggest problems.
Successful members of the SME organization are functional experts on the software tools in a given process areas and their application in the fulfillment network. This team focuses on seeking opportunities to automate human decision making by influencing Technology (AFT / AR) teams to build and update tools that reduce process complexity to deliver robust processes. The SME leader will be a key player in setting up new processes and tools in the organization. This mission is delivered through creation and implementation of FC process, developing software and equipment standards, providing process skills to FC leaders, rolling out of software projects aligned with strategic initiatives and leading selected cross-functional projects across Amazon Fulfillment Technologies (AFT), Retail, Vendor Operations. Responsibilities:
- Highlights areas of business risk and impact for Technology Team resource allocation and provide input on software design to support lean processes and standard work
- Transact site configuration requests with a constant focus on network standardization of best practices for existing and new sites.
- Lead in AFT SME calls, advocating for the sites and driving best practice sharing in each functional area. Identify training gaps that require Learning support
- Improve end-user documentation to reduce associate and Manager learning curve
- Support real-time problem solving by way of need-based FC support and trouble ticket queue maintenance
- Act as gatekeeper for prioritizing software enhancements and feature requests submitted by the sites and serve as the interface with the FCs to drive adoption of changes
Some examples of innovation led by the SME team include:
Supporting new software scoping:
Leverage process and system knowledge to support new software scoping to improve flow management, problem solve intervention and prioritizing UI enhancements and feature requestsInnovating through hardware deployment:
Optimizing new packaging solutions and equipment deployment across NA to drive improvements in cost, quality and customer experience Optimizing UI and Amazon WMS
: Drive improvements in the current tools and UI by prioritizing feature requests from the users and building use cases to develop new functionalityAccelerate the learning curve of new managers
: Drive exhaustive understanding of our systems and enabling the FC leaders to make effective decisions through documentation of standards and creating content for our new hire training modules