The Amazon Alexa app is a companion to Alexa devices for setup, remote control, and enhanced features. Interactions with Alexa are automatically mirrored visually on the Alexa app, providing more information as customers want it. The Alexa app lets customers easily manage their music, shopping and to-do lists, and discover and add Alexa skills — wherever they are.
The Alexa Mobile team owns the mobile app for iOS, Android, and FireOS, and maintains Alexa’s mobile and GUI platform ecosystem that powers all Alexa domains, the Alexa Voice Service (AVS), and the Alexa Skills Kit (ASK). We play a vital role in the customer experience of using devices with Alexa, helping them onboard and activate their devices, configure their smart home devices, change settings, and manage daily usage of lists through the companion app. The Alexa app also helps an Alexa customer discover new Alexa capabilities and skills via the skills store.
We're focused on building the next generation of the Alexa Mobile App for mobile devices and are looking for talented app developers. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of a cutting edge mobile product used every day, by people you know. We are looking for passionate, hard working software engineers who have experience building innovative, mobile applications that customers love.Responsibilities
- Mobile application software development, design and prototyping.
Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop highly innovative, consumer-facing Android and iOS mobile apps.
Writing clean, maintainable code and performing peer code-reviews
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
- Work closely with product and design teams to customize the Alexa experience on mobile devices
- Implement custom native user interfaces using the latest mobile programming techniques
- Analyze and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance