Do you like helping U.S. Intelligence Community agencies implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Amazon is looking to hire highly motivated, best-in-class Network Engineers for our Network Infrastructure team that run critical Amazon Web Services IP networks. The team will drive the stability and sustainability of these next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand.
The ideal candidate will be expected to perform high quality network and/or systems operations, deployments, scaling, technology refresh, sustaining engineering, best practices application, optimization, internal/external customer interactions, and produce appropriate technical documentation. They will demonstrate an excellent knowledge of networking/systems concepts and theory, and have experience participating in network/systems support for a large-scale enterprise or service provider environment. They will have a proven track record of success in driving complex issues to resolution autonomously and/or collaboratively. A love for working with new technologies and pushing the envelope on existing technology is required.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
- Maintain Amazon Web Services’ next generation networks for significant AWS customers by providing critical network support to diagnose, mitigate impact, and resolve large-scale networking events.
- Troubleshoot network routing, interconnectivity, platforms, performance, and configurations issues; including necessary low level application interaction, Unix systems, and new age networking software tools.
- Lead network projects in the areas of network sustaining engineering, network deployment/implementation, network scaling, technology refresh, best practices application, and/or network optimization.
- Drive and support innovation from Top of Rack to the Network Core and everything in between.
- Partner with our broader Network/Infrastructure organization in the areas of network engineering, configurations standards, and tools.
- Work closely with our Network/Systems/Software Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products, as well as assist with deployment and sustaining of networking software tools.
- Maintain standards across the networking toolset and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
- Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
- Collaborate with highest tier escalation engineers/resolvers.
- Create and review documentation and process regarding network implementation/deployments, recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc.
This position requires that applicant selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain a TS/SCI US Government clearance with polygraph. TS/SCI eligibility is not required to start; however, the applicant selected will be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4.