This position requires that applicant selected be a U.S. citizen and obtain and maintain a TS/SCI US Government clearance with polygraph. TS/SCI eligibility is not required to start; however, the applicant selected will be subject to a Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified national security information. Applicants with a current SSBI, SBPR, or PPR, may be eligible for crossover in accordance with ICPG 704.4.
- 3+ years experience in a network focused hands-on technical role working with IP routing protocols/technologies and platforms in large scale data center and/or WAN network environments.
- Thorough understanding of TCP/IP networking, IP routing, Server Load Balancing, and Network Security architecture and core technologies such as IP, TCP, OSPF/IS-IS, BGP, MPLS, Server Load Balancers, Firewalls, ACLs, DNS, DHCP, IPAM, LDAP, NFS, etc.
- Experience with one or more of the following router, server load balancer, and firewall vendor platforms: Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, Arista, Brocade, Extreme, Citrix, F5, Fortinet, Palo Alto, etc.
- 3+ years experience in a technical on-call capacity, responding to customer impacting events, mitigating and root cause analysis of those events.
- 3+ years experience developing engineering, deployment, or operations mechanisms to support IP network and/or networking systems.
- Must be comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Possess Scripting skills or have desire to learn them; specifically Python, Perl, or Shell (bash, ksh, csh).
- Detail oriented, excellent analytical skills, and a strong team player who works well with immediate and extended team, and consistently puts the team above oneself.
- Ability to work in and keep up with a fast moving environment via effective prioritization and time management.
· A relevant degree in a related technical discipline or equivalent experience in a large – scale network environment.
- Must be able to work in a 24x7 team on call rotation, with ability to drive into workplace for critical events/needs.
- The ability to sit in front of computer during scheduled work hours with appropriate breaks while maintaining a high level of alertness and attention to detail.
- Travel to data center/network sites and Amazon/customer offices as needed.
- Experience dealing with customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure.