Alexa is the groundbreaking Amazon intelligent assistant that is powered by the cloud. Alexa runs on first party Amazon devices such as the Echo, Echo dot, Fire Tablets and Fire TV, as well as many other third party hardware devices!
Here in the Experiences and Devices group, we work on building Alexa features to surprise, delight, and inform our customers about Alexa! We design, build, deploy, operate, and iterate on core device features that are loved by our customers worldwide.
As a Software Development Manager within this organization, you will be working on projects across all Alexa supported devices including voice driven features, multiple mobile applications, and the Amazon.com website. A successful candidate has strong distributed systems experience, web development experience, and a penchant for customer obsession. The day to day responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
· Manage and execute against project plans and delivery commitments
· Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team of engineers within an Agile/Scrum environment
· Ensure that design and architecture decisions by your team meet goals and vision of platform
· Manage of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, and enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team
· Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach
· Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
· Responsible for both development and operations of product(s)
Strong communication and project management skills, the ability to deal with ambiguity, and an unending motivation to deliver results define the ideal candidate. The ideal candidate considers operational excellence, team building, and trust as the foundation of a high performing team.