Since early 2006, Amazon Web Services (AWS) has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure web services platform in the cloud. With AWS you can requisition compute power, storage, and other services thereby gaining access to a suite of elastic IT infrastructure services as your business demands them. AWS customers can take advantage of Amazon.com’s global computing infrastructure which is the backbone of Amazon.com’s multi-billion dollar retail business. AWS provides scalable, reliable, and secure distributed computing infrastructure that has been honed for over a decade. For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/
The AWS IT Security team is responsible for the security and availability of all cloud and mobile products and services offered by AWS. This includes cloud services such as EC2 and S3 as well as consumer offerings like Amazon Appstore and Cloud Drive. Our team works with development teams to design and build secure solutions, participate in and coordinate penetration testing activities, and generally solve security challenges at massive scale.
AWS Security is looking for a Technical Program Manager (TPM) to help ensure that our services, applications, and websites are designed and implemented to the highest security standards. You will be responsible for analyzing the security of applications and services, discovering and addressing security issues and quickly reacting to new threat scenarios. This position will provide you with a challenging opportunity.
You will work with cutting edge technology and be a part of the AWS Application Security team. You should have strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills, an understanding of modern Internet threats, the ability to influence people from customers to managers by creating a win-win solutions, and the desire to be an individual contributor to securing Amazon's next generation technology. Joining the Amazon Web Services Application Security team provides the unique challenge and opportunity to build and review systems at the cutting edge of the cloud to identify threats against AWS and our customers. You will draw upon exemplary technical architecture skills, application security knowledge, project management, critical thinking, problem solving skills, and a passion for securing interconnected software systems. You should be open to new challenges, extremely good at multi-tasking, innovative, creative, self-directed and a great team player. You will drive continuous process improvement, and collaborate effectively with aggressive cross-functional business and software development teams to solve problems and implement new solutions. You will interact with a broad cross section of the Amazon organization spanning a wide range of technologies and engaging with external vendors and internal teams. In Amazon Web Services, Technical Program Managers juggle multiple projects with tight timeframes and deadlines.
You must be able to:
* Work with multiple engineering teams to carry out Application Security Reviews.
* Provide expert advice and consultancy to internal customers on risk assessment, threat modeling and fixing vulnerabilities.
* Define information security controls and patterns that support risk assessments and support the development of secure architectures. This will involve understanding service interdependencies and driving towards secure technical solutions for multi-tiered systems.
* Collaborate with engineering teams to drive the product roadmaps, by providing security requirements that help to map security controls / patterns to product features.
* Address bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
* Partner with multiple teams across multiple locations with varying sets of priorities to ensure a timely delivery of the secure solution.
* Clarify and drive project commitments as well as establish and maintain clear chains of accountability.
* Lead internal process improvement projects, including the development and implementation of internal tools.
* Security training and outreach to internal development teams
* Security guidance documentation
* Security tool development
* Security metrics delivery and improvements
* Assistance with recruiting activities and administrative work