Our team tackles some of the hardest scalability, performance, and distributed computing challenges in AWS and possibly the world. We own the connection between using and paying for all AWS services, which includes metering, bill generation, bill presentation, payments, analytics, and fraud prevention. We take inputs from dozens of services you know and merge them with one billion(plus) events per second to produce the lowest cost bills for our customers across a globally distributed cloud offering. This represents billions of dollars of usage and spend and is growing explosively. Because we sit at the nexus of all AWS services and interact directly with end-customers, our systems are built on all the elastic, scalable, distributed systems offered by AWS.
We are looking for a customer-focused executive to own the billing pipeline for AWS. Your expertise is deep and broad; you start with the customer and work backwards to develop a coherent vision for services that support the flexibility and scale that our customers expect from us. You have built and operated systems that support high-end business complexity and scale with simple and elegant solutions that are highly decoupled, yet operate in concert to produce customer experiences that are unique to Amazon.
You will own a material chunk of the commerce platform and join a select group of a people making history producing and selling infrastructure and software as a service. You will do this at an organization that is the acknowledged market leader and is regularly redefining the new normal for what is possible.
We are looking for a leader to grow our talented team of dedicated professionals. As a software development leader you will...
- Lead teams in the design, development, test, deployment and operation of services that facilitate commerce
- Hire and grow intensely smart and motivated engineers and managers to establish teams that can deliver fast and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver what our customers need
- Ensure sanity of architecture, operational excellence, and quality while delivering results on time
- Work closely with other AWS teams to deliver platform features that require cross-team leadership
- Obsess over protecting customer information, maintaining single-digit millisecond latencies, and simplifying enterprise scale commerce complexity
- Mentor a large and diverse group of people and lead as a manager of managers with a direct handle on the pulse of each leader on your team
- Define your product through your team of product managers and BI engineers
- Dive into architecture, code, test plans, project plans, deployments, and operations to drive excellence through your organization
- Represent your business and operations to the highest level of leadership within AWS on a weekly basis