Amazon is looking for a big-thinking, business-savvy, and highly motivated Spanish speaking leader to help drive the business strategy as well as the overall customer experience of Amazon.com (Spanish). Internationalization is one of the strategic long term opportunities for the company to improve the lives of shoppers while leveraging Amazon’s logistics infrastructure to generate increasing free cash flow.
This will require identifying and driving tactical and strategic initiatives to manage the marketplace in a new language in the short-term and in the long-term drive customization per the customer's needs rather than providing an at par experience. This role requires a high level of interaction across our global technology and retail teams, and will drive new programs and initiatives that will accelerate the profitable growth of Amazon’s business in North America and abroad. He or she will work with our Technology, Finance, Marketing, Retail team to drive feature improvements that improve adoption and growth of the business.
The scope for this role includes the following:
- Identify core features for the multi language customer, develop strategies to address them and drive initiatives that capitalize on these opportunities to grow the P&L
- Develop key metrics and performance indicators to measure overall business performance (operational, financial and customer satisfaction) providing a foundation for continuous improvement.
- Must be able to effectively communicate strategies / plans (both written in narrative form and in verbal presentations) to senior management. This leader must also have experience influencing and working with a wide variety of stakeholders in a cross-matrix environment.
- Manage the weekly reporting process and provide actionable short term remedies as needed.
- Use a varied set of software and editing tools to build web pages and determine technical requirements on functionality to execute new site features, visual merchandising and category specific campaigns. She/He will analyze customer trends and developments, with particular attention to the Spanish speaking market segment, to determine the need for development of new site features, merchandising and promotional content.
- Solve problems creatively by using available site, sales and competitive metrics to identify issues and to make recommendations on go forward strategies; to make appropriate adjustments to site programming; to analyze department-, category-, or campaign-level traffic, conversion, page, and search performance; to share key takeaways with Merchandising and Marketing; to run ad hoc reports to understand specific issues; and to monitor and analyzing competitive landscape.
Product and Program Management:
- Work with category managers, business development and global software development teams to identify, scope, and prioritize requirements for program enhancements to increase adoption and deliver new features/enhancements
- Identify and act on trends shaping the overall business, customer needs and competitive offerings to develop ways to improve positioning of the .com (Spanish) business
- Clarify and drive short-term project priorities and commitments, as well as establish and maintain clear chains of project management and accountability.