Audible, Inc. is the world’s largest seller and producer of spoken audio entertainment, information and educational programming. Since inventing and commercializing the first portable digital audio player in 1997, our focus on technological innovation and superior programming has earned us millions of subscribers around the world. We’re an Amazon subsidiary with a presence on four different continents, yet we maintain a startup vibe and small company feel. We offer more than 350,000 downloadable audiobooks, audio editions of periodicals, and other programs, and an escalating array of listening products that enrich daily life for a growing population of people who want to be more productive, well-informed, and thoughtfully entertained.About this Team:
The Audible Voice Experience team aka "Audible on Echo" owns the full experience of audiobooks on the very popular Alexa devices. Being able to control your experience using voice has been a total game-changer, for our customers and for our developers. Everything you've been doing for the past 10 years is now obsolete, we need to create an addictive and natural experience without a screen or a GUI to show the customer -- it needs to feel like you are talking to a friend, and asking them to read you a book. Many of our challenges haven't been solved, and some of them haven't even been uncovered yet. Come join a team of forward-thinking software professionals who are looking to bring this experience to our customers. Responsibilities Include:
- Provide expertise on system architecture, design, implementation, testing and delivery of complex software used by millions of customers
- Work directly with your team and often times others within the engineering organization to analyze and decompose complex software requirement into simple stories for planning and execution.
- Collaborate with your team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of features and commit to stories can be accomplished in an iteration.
- Be the technical leader for product features, responsible for ensuring that development activities are coordinated throughout the development cycle.
- Own system and feature quality throughout the development, testing and deployment phases to ensure quality delivery expectations are met.
- Conduct new technology research, proof of concept, and design work that will provide direction for the enhancement of the overall system and products.