Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for an experienced Compliance Engineering Manager who will be responsible to provide global product compliance analysis and guidance to ensure that all electrical, mechanical and other regulated performance specifications, as well as environmental and materials requirements are satisfied in all the countries where the AWS business will expand. The candidate will interact with Development/Engineering Services, Operations, Procurement, Supply Chain, Legal, Tax, and other internal businesses and external stakeholders to drive global product compliance. The position is located in Seattle and will report directly to the Senior Manager of Global Trade and Product Compliance (GPTC).
AWS is at the forefront of providing a broad set of global cloud-based services including compute, storage
, and enterprise applications, to help organizations move faster, lower IT costs, and scale. This is a dynamic business within Amazon.com, and one of the world’s fastest growing and evolving companies, with a team of exceptionally talented, bright and driven people. GT&PC is responsible for ensuring that the infrastructure equipment necessary to support the AWS services are imported/exported compliantly across the multiple countries where AWS operates and will expand, including all product certification/safety regulations. PRINCIPAL DUTIES
· Ownership of product compliance for AWS networking, server, storage and data room equipment for use internationally.
· Develop, implement, and communicate best practices and processes for ensuring product compliance in new country destinations, including the development of standards and procedures to catalogue country-specific compliance requirements, ensure proper documentation filing upon import, and maintain and validate test reports.
· Understand and be able to develop plans to address how multiple standards may apply to a product.
· Create procedures and guidelines to ensure that manufacturers/suppliers meet governmental and industry regulations in international markets.
· Coordinate 3rd party assessments of the equipment to comply with global regulatory standards and directives, and provide guidance for complying with these standards.
· Conduct risk assessments for expansion to new markets and design updates to existing products.
· Work with engineering teams to address product compliance requirements for new products in development.
· Develop key metrics to evaluate the program’s performance and build implementation plans to confirm our performance and compliance against program metrics, internal company requirements, and regulations; conduct periodic reviews to ensure projects are on track.
· Maintain global equipment design guidelines (for regulatory compliance).
· Troubleshoot compliance issues, coordinating solutions with internal and external engineering teams and partners/suppliers.
· Advise on and address prototype compliance standards.